I am a multi-disciplinary graphic artist based in London, UK.
Currently undertaking an MA in Animation at the Royal College of Art, focusing on analogue processes, subjective consciousness and performance.
My graphic work - produced up until my transition to animation - is known for its warm and organic character, with hand-drawn typography and a bold aesthetic rooted in my family's screenprinting heritage.
I am fascinated by the associative nature of experience, and the connections between the senses. I have referred to my approach as 'manufactured synæsthesia', looking for a sensory and empathetic response in the audience through tactile design. The majority of my work over the past decade has been with independent record labels, creating graphics as a means of aiding the distribution of musical forms otherwise previously under-represented in Europe and North America. My work with Soundway Records and Sofrito Records has been primarily a mix of introductory packages and current productions; aiming to contextualise the musical movements that provide an insight into cultural scenes, and offering subjective snapshots of our perpetually fluid populations in time and place. And putting on loads of parties.
Alongside this regular work in the music industry, I have taken on diverse projects of any type that interests me, usually alongside other individuals or small businesses. Increasingly I am engaging in non-commercial creative projects, and I am spending more of my studio time on prints, writing, recording and animating.
Exhibited & Featured:
- Centre Pompidou <<Mon Oeil>>, Improv 1 
- Vimeo Staff Pick, Improv 1 
- Hot Sun, Late Sun: Modernism Untamed, Fondation Vincent Van Gogh, Arles 
- Vinyl Factory (2) - Sun Ra Arkestra covers
- It’s Nice That
- Bantmag (Turkey)
- Rough Trade Solo Show, Nottingham 
- Vinyl Factory (1)
- Ink & Paper 2, Stour Space, London 
- Cover Club, Ace Hotel 
- colectivo futuro
- Hackney WickED, London [2014, 2015 & 2016]
- Flyposting #3 at The Gallery at Munro House, Leeds 
- Out of the Box, London 
- Dust, Ink and Scratches retrospective at Avila Factory, Strasbourg 
- Screenadelica Poster Exhibition, Liverpool Sound City Festival 
- Images 32 annual – published by the AOI – and accompanying exhibition at London College of Communication, 2008
- Stick*Stamp*Fly, Gasworks, London, August 2007